Saturday, December 10, 2011

DmC: Devil May Cry Looks Good

DmC's new protagonist: Derek
         I final watched the two new DmC trailers and they look good. Really good. There's a little bleakness and some weird aerial animation (in that Dante Derek can stay in the air a really long time), but like they said at the start of the trailer: It's a work in progress. Ninja Theory was a good choice for an outside company to take over Devil May Cry. The graphics look nice and COLORFUL and Ninja Theory always has great art direction.


          The gameplay look pretty cool. I recognized a few DMC signatures and Nero's arm grab from DMC4 has returned and seems even more useful. Also, in the second trailer we non fighting gameplay--the city literally attacking Derek as he runs away looks very interesting and is a nice change-up form the usual, though it lacks a little sense of urgency. I'll chalk that up to still being in development.


          Lastly, the main character in DmC, Dante Derek, is pretty cool--nice design, good voice, cool punk rock demeanor. I like him. I think he'll fit in nicely with the DMC crew, however for whatever reason they keep calling him Dante. Someone, obviously, didn't read the new script, but it's okay, Derek just works with it.






Nothing beats the Man-Bra Dante

          This game just keeps looking better and better every time I see it; I can't wait for more new on it. Check out the trailers below.

Demon City Combat Trailer HD

Escape the City Gameplay HD

P.S.: Excuse my writing a bit as wrote this quick and while tired and while hiding from my Final Studying...

Anarchy In The U.K. by The Sex Pistols
For Derek's Punk Style

No comments:

Post a Comment