Just some quick bullets.
UPDATE 1 (12/15/11): The Truth Behind Rising video added after the jump.
- Platinum Games (Bayonetta and Vanquish) is now handling the game design while Kojima Productions will still be handling the story, characters, and the cut-scenes.
- The original team couldn't find balance between the stealth and action or an identity. Hideo Kojima stopped the project until he brought in Platinum Games who saved it.
- Has a new story that is now taking place after MGS4 instead of in-between MGS2 and MGS4. This was to give Platinum much more freedom.
- Platinum Games is really quick with coming up with new ideas and do it.
- The game will focus on action--Cutting and how good it feels to cut.
- The Zan-datsu (Cut and take) element is still there, but is no longer a main part of the game. It's optional now.
- Quinton Flynn is reprising his role as Raiden and Kris Zimmerman, Voice Direction Goddess, will be the voice director.
- Raiden seems to have fallen back to his Jack the Ripper self ("He sounds like the Devil!").
- The game will run at 60fps.
- Hideki Kamiya will not be the director. The director will be announced in due time.
- Yuji Korekado will be the producer.
- Not a part of the Metal Gear Solid series (I'm thinking this means it's non-canon, but not exactly confirmed)
- It a Metal Gear game, but is a complete new Metal Gear experience
- Will be available for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. PC version may have been dropped.
- Playstation 3 is the lead platform.
A extended trailer is on the new Kojima Productions Metal Gear site (add your memories!): http://www.metalgearsolid.com/. More pictures after the jump. Also, check out the KP Report Session 152 for more info. (The KP Report is a great podcast by the way! I've been listening to it for years now.)